31 August, 2006

Shut eye

I'm suffering another bout of chronic weariness. No matter how much sleep I get I always seem to feel tired. I'd put it down to the changing weather and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) were it not the case that I seem to experence these symptoms regardless of season or climate and have done for years and years.

There simply aren't enough hours in the day to take for granted. Disposable time is what helps you survive - I've learnt that now - and not a desire to fill up every minute of the day with some kind of specific activity.

I remember an old English teacher of mine once saying how much she enjoyed going to concerts as it meant she wasn't spending her free time surrounded by the tools she had to wield during her working day, i.e. words. She was in a text-free environment.

Given how much of my life is governed by it, I could do with spending a bit more time in a time-free environment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home